Thursday, March 27, 2008

RIOT Report - Roll away the stone!

The arrest... Why did they bind Him with rope and take him away. Did they really think that rope could hold Him?

Jesus goes on Trial...

"What is a trial" I ask

"My mom watches Law and Order, and they have those in court" one answers.

"when you are arrested and you prove you did not do it." another says

They tried to charge Him with a crime. They tried to prove he was guilty...but He was sinless.

Crucified. Jesus is whipped and beat. We scrunch our shoulders and squint our eyes as we cringe of the thought... We imagine the hammer...the nails. We know the end of this story but we try to think of what it is like if we didn't.

3 days in the tomb...

"Why was the stone rolled away?" I ask.

"So Jesus could get out!" one says.

"Nope. Don't you think Jesus could walk through stone if he wanted to? He did not have to move the stone to get out. " I say.

" The stone is rolled away so they could see it was empty." another says.

Ahhh, yes, so we could see the empty tomb. Let us roll away our stones to see the empty tomb.

Victory!

Jesus was rejected by Pilate, by the crowd, by the scholars, by Judas, by many...Do you accept or reject Jesus? If you accept Jesus how can you show it? Leave a comment with your answer.

3 comments:

Trish Price said...

I can pray for others and I can live my life for Jesus - Peter

Anonymous said...

I can teach others about God and pray for people that need a prayer and try not to get angry with someone. I can also have cristian love for people which includes kindness, thoughtfulness, understanding and patience.

"Jesus said to his disciples "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." John
14, verse 34 -Taylor Adcock

Anonymous said...

I can teach others about God and pray for others that need a prayer. I can have Christian love for people which includes kindness, thoughtfulness, understanding, and patience.

From John 13:34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you so you must love one another.-Taylor